Hud Woodle, Executive Vice President, International Sales, and Operations of GRB Studios announced a variety of global sales deals and also ambitious acquisition plans for the upcoming MIPTV market in Cannes. Deals closed include:
Europe – U.K.
- Auction Kings: Atlanta-based reality program goes to Romania via AETN UK
- The Bay: Emmy®-winning drama series travels to Slovenia, S1-6 to be broadcast by Planet TV d.o.o
- On The Case with Paula Zahn: true-crime investigation program in France by M6 for S7 & S8
Australia & New Zealand
- Turquoise Fever: docuseries family mining show picked up by Foxtel Australia
- Served: Harvey Weinstein: entertainment documentary also picked up by Foxtel Australia
- Rhys Darby: Mystic Time Bird: stand-up comedy special was acquired by Channel 10 Australia and Discovery New Zealand
North/South America: Brazil & U.S.
- Untold Stories of the E.R.: medical emergency reality docuseries was picked up by Pluto TV: U.S. — all available seasons in both English and Spanish; Pluto TV: Brazil also secured several seasons of the program in Portuguese.
Woodle stated, “GRB is thrilled to be going into MIPTV strong with a slate of distribution deals behind us and we are actively looking to acquire some great new programming from around the world in all genres scripted and unscripted. We are also looking forward to meeting in person in Cannes with our current and new partners.”